Time to say goodbye..
It's just another love story.
Tuesday, January 02, 2007,
12:20 PM
2007's in full swing now(:
Can't believe that one year's already over and in a sense, we've all matured a lot over the 12 months. Friends have came and went in my life, some stay and the bond's stronger. Others have just fallen out and are more of a stranger to me than they were before. The importance of treasuring friends are all the more significant now that we've all split up.
Huimin&Francesca&Peiling. You 3 have changed my life notably this year. When I was down your were there to listen to me. During those terribly boring times in school, you three made me laughed till my sides ached with the silly jokes your pull on others or just the funny things your say. When I had conflicts with others, especially when school was about to end, you three were the ones that stood by me. It just shows how much some others value me as a friend. But I'm really thankful that I knew you. Now that we're all in separate classes except me and Cesca, I hope that we'll still remain in contact. After all, true friendships never end(: Huimin's friendship is something I really cherish. When everyone seemed too occupied in their lives to care about me, she was the one that I could cry all my frustrations to. She's the best when it comes to advice and never fails to cheer me up. I'm in all smiles when I'm with her[: Francesca is a crazy someone. When with her, life is a turmoil[Can I use it in this way?]. The constant quibbles we have are uncountable but there are things which we agree too okay! Like bitching and drinking and gossiping and tonning. She's a hell of a good friend and a loyal one too. Another 2 years in school with her is under my belt. Peiling and Huimin combined together only spells trouble. Though I don't know Peiling very well, all I can say is that she sure can crank up mean jokes. Always looking for fun, with her I can never stop laughing some times too. And as usual, she stood by me with the other 2 and for that, I thank her too.
Beverly&Vanessa&Kristin&Roujun. Where should I start? I guess mine and Beverly's friendship is the longest in comparison with the rest. 171105 right? As I said many times, conflicts pulled us apart but now, our friendship is still standing. That means something right. And due to our friendship, I gained the acquaintanceship of three other friends. One of whom I misunderstood awfully and hated her like nobody's business. But after clearing all the misconceptions, I found out that Vanessa was a very good friend after all. She's there for me when I was down and needed someone to talk to. And when I had lots to complain about, she listened and that some how made me feel better. Kristin is someone, I have to admit, I don't really agree to on some of the things she does. But I'm no body to comment for I can't say that she agrees to everything I do either. But all in all, she's the babe that introduced Danielle Steel to me and I had many many hours of enjoyable time just reading her books. In a sense, she's the one that I had hell of a fun time with at Suntec City and I can never forget the silly things we did that day. A hug from this babe can brighten my day(: Super darling Roujun is cute! What can I say. She's the one who agreed with me about some people and we gossiped like there's no tomorrow about her. In a sense, she's the only one that dared to openly show her dislike towards her. Surprisingly, despite our differences, we make pretty good shopping partners. Oh this loving girl always encourages me when I feel down.
Audrey&Mingting. I've known Audrey for 4 years already and, I don't know if this is true but its what I feel, there's just something between us that overcomes squabbles and disagreements. Its like even though we flare up at each other from time to time, there's an understanding between us that we were just in lousy moods and there's no apologies needed to patch up. Its something that not many people have. Its a good thing that we have it or I'll lose this girl to the many tempers I had throughout this year and I'll never know what was missing. So far, she's the one that has been listening to me complain and rave and swear and cry and bitch. Its a wonder she has the patience to be there just for me after so long. Poor Mingting, I placed her in many difficult spots this year. She's a thoughtful person and her grades are always better than mine. Especially during exam periods, Starbucks and notes kept us pretty busy. Guess the time that we really start to bond was when Kristin brought me to her house and we sat there and just poured our sorrows out to each other. We have a common aspect in the sense that we, or at least me, haven't really gotten over something yet. I don't know about her though(: Good thing is that I'll be in the same class as this two people(:
Yueli, my crazy, bubbly, funny, energetic sister. Gosh, we spent so much time together during this year and I owe our friendship all to the Superwomen. She's the one that accompanied me during and after school. And even all hours of the day. I promised I'll go to Pepper Lunch and Pastamania with her and I'll keep my promise. I haven't been into any since the last time I saw her. The trip to Sentosa the other time was unbelievably fun thanks to her. We swam, built sandcastles, splashed and ran. Life without her would be horribly boring. With no sparks whatsoever.
And lastly, I don't know whether to mention her or not but here goes,
Elaine. Throughout the whole of 2006, I have been at the battle field with her. Be it open blog wars, quarreling or just pure cold wars, I admit I have never really gotten the courage to stop. It seems so much easier to just hate her from a distance than actually overcome the distance we've drifted. But I guess this has lasted much too long and hating some one indeed is tiring. So here I am. During Sec 1, she was the best friend I ever had. Practically the only one at the end of that year. Guess we had too much in common with each other. When I'm with her, everything seems so familiar. Its like whatever she's feeling, I've felt sometime in my life before. I guess thats why I hated her so much. I hated the fact that we had much in common and ended up falling out on each other. Now that we've drifted apart, I could safely bitch about her without her knowing what I said. Nevertheless, I feel its time to bury the hatchet and start things anew. After all it isn't good to be enemies with someone you're going to spend the next 2 years studying with.
The numerous cliques I've belonged to, the many friends I have in my life. Conflicts that started with who I spend most of my time with and what I said. This are the 2 that stand out.
Superwomen, we've split up but this was the clique that bonded us prominently together. The Starbucks dates we had, the coffees we drank, the places that we went and the things we laughed at. I hope you both remember that friends are better than enemies. Someday perhaps we'll be together again, united as one.
4ofus- Audrey, Kristin, Mingting. Thank you for the beautiful memories. The blog that we vented out sorrows at. The obstacles that we overcame together. The dates that we spent studying huddled in a library or a corner at school.
I just want to say
I Love You to all of you. Though our friendships have been put to the test many times this year and some, the previous year(s) too, they have not broken. This shows that some how, there is a certain something that allowed us to last. I know I've been a lousy friend and some times, too much a bitch, but you have all forgiven me for whatever blunders I've made. Each and one of you is special to me. Though some of you may not like some of my other friends, for my sake, I hope that you all can one day be at the very least, friends. Together, I believe we can overcome whatever life throws at us. I may seem ungrateful to have you all by my side sometimes and I admit, my temper can get the better of me, but I'll keep it in check and no more mood swings as I have proven to you all lately. My swearing has stopped noticeably hasn't it? Thank you for being in my life and changing me to what I am now. Be it good or bad , it makes me what I am today. Thank you for spending the days that meant most to me, with me. Be it my Birthday, Valentines day, Christmas eve&day, you all were there with me[:
To the people that has disliked my actions for so long and to those that I've hurt either intentionally or unknowingly, I hope that since this is a new year, we can all be friends. Though the hurt can never be fully erased and the hate even harder, I know everyone can be given a second chance to make amendments. And I hope I'm given that chance.
God bless you, All of you, the angels in my life, the ones that looked after me and nurtured me.