Time to say goodbye..
It's just another love story.
Sunday, October 01, 2006,
12:06 AM
Life has been turmoil la. It has been absolutely ages since I sat down and had a good cup of starbucks coffee. How I miss that taste of the bittersweet coffee trickling down my throat. And how I miss the dates just made for relaxation and enjoyment. Instead of the familiar anxiousness to start revising. Indeed, I have not much time or rather, no more time to slack. There is totally no time left for catching up on my social life and even less to spend thinking on the problems and relationships I have with those around me. I can never catch up with the humongous loads of work and practises I never took seriously and regret deeply for it all. But yes, I am grateful for all those who showed care and concern to me. Especially those that come in unusual "packages" =D
And I am starting to dislike those that take others for substitues. I know I have been taking some of my friends as that but I am trying not to. Sometimes it may seem as though I am but seriously, I'm NOT. Sounds confusing? I bet you all know what I mean. And I especially
dislike some for making the other party cry for what they have done. Friends are some people that creates impacts, be it small or big, in your life. Treasure and cherish them or else don't even make them. Ever heard the phrase "treat others the way you want to be treated?" Live by that or else you may grow to regret it. What I don' understand is how can you treat her like this? Some of us are disappointed though we have no right to say anything and apparently, keeping mum is the best way. And I shall keep it that way too ^^
Opened my eyes big and saw the world out there. Complexed. This word beings out deep meanings. Our behaviour can have disastrous consequences on others. I have learnt it the hard way and roughly, I understand how others feel if not exactly how they feel. Imagine you know someone that just had a quarrel with his/her best friend not too long ago and both of them aren't speaking to each other at that moment. Slwowly as youget to know that person, you realise just how much the both of you have in common and you start to get closer and closer together. Others may not approve at first but all you care is your friendship. And slowly, you may or may not start to neglect your initial group of friends, choosing to spend more time with your new-found friend then with them. The friendship seemed like the new beginning to something you've just discovered but your friends are getting increasingly upset with you neglecting them. When you finally realise how hurt and upset they were towards you, you try to patch things up with them but it isn't that easy. Its hard to be torn apart by 2 people/parties and you're tired as hell, yet you want both to be happy. And then, when everything seems to turn for the better, you hear the news from your "new" friend that she/he has just patched back with her/his friend. You feel happy but in time, he/she starts to neglect you for her/his friend and seems to have an
obvious change in attitude. Not just to you but everyone or at least most of the people around him/her. How will you feel? No need to answer that to me or anyone else in particular. But just ask yourself this. If you had that type of "new" friend and he/she is treating you in that way, how will you feel? So I sincerely hope that all those that read this, will perhaps think about how you have been treating those around you. I'm not asking for any response. And this is not directly refering to anyone. Its just something I noticed and decided to bring it up.
After the EOYs, I'll be finally relaxing. Dudes, its time for dates soon man. I cannot wait. I have to go to pastamania and pepper lunch with
miss tan. Cause its something I promised my dear (=
And yes, another issue I wish to bring up. Take note man.
DANIELLE STEEL's books are absolutely the best out there man. I heard that Nicholas Sparks ones are not bad and having read a few myself, I agree too. But Steel's are real true love. Don't believe me? Ask around! Read them and enjoy. Especially my personal favourites.
Leap of faith, The promise, The gift, No greater love and Impossible. These are some of the nice ones. And there are many many more out there just waiting to be discovered thats all. But these are a few. Though her story lines are practically of the same, involving someone dying, an affair and in the end, 2 people getteing together, I can't deny that her books are some of the best. Obviouls I'm not refering to the affair part. Do go and read if you have the time. Kristin, Audrey, Mingting and Roujun will all agree with me on this ^^
And to sum this post up, I wish everyone the bestest of luck for the EOYs. Especially to HUIMIN, FRANCESCA, PEILING, AUDREY, MINGTING, ROUJUN, KRISTIN, and most of all,
YUELI! I have not forgotten you, my dear! And take care everyone! Goodness knows when will be the next time I post. (=
Replies.
Beverly- haha. no problem. i'll make it up after exams!
Liyan- thats provided we even have kids. i kinda like being single. so there's no chance of having kids. not in the next 20 years ^^
leegek- heh. good luck to you too(=
kristin- you too you too! dates after exam? C: